besan ladoo recipe | besan ke laddu | besan ke ladoo | besan laddu recipe with detailed photo and video recipe. a premium and traditional indian sweet recipe made with chickpea flour, ghee and sugar. it is perhaps one of the traditional recipes passed on by generations and are typically made during festival seasons. generally, it is made with just 3 ingredients, and a topping of dry fruits, but can also be mixed with other flours.
besan ladoo recipe | besan ke laddu | besan ke ladoo | besan laddu recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. ladoo recipes are traditional indian sweets made for a particular reason. each region and state of india has its own unique variations to these generic ladoos which differ with ingredients. yet there are some common laddu recipes made across india without any alterations to it, and besan ladoo is one such recipe.
well, i am reposting this recipe as part revisiting my old recipe post. to be honest, there isn’t any difference between the new version of besan laddu to the old post. as a matter of fact, the only difference is with the photo and video. in this video, i have tried to make it more clearly and detailed. in my earlier videos, i was targeting within 60 seconds and on the speed. lately, i have adapted to a new format with more emphasis on the details of the video. coming to back to the recipe, it is a simple and easy dessert with just 3 ingredients. the criticality remains within the proportion and the slow cooking and mixture process. i have tried to capture it thoroughly in the video and it should be sufficient for any novice cook.
furthermore, some tips, suggestions and variations for a perfect and moist besan ladoo recipe. firstly, even before using the besan i have dry roasted in a low flame. this helps to remove the raw flavour and also increases the besan aroma. yet you need to be careful not to darken it and also burn it. secondly, you can also make the same recipe with jaggery as an alternative to sugar. the jaggery option can be a healthy one, but may not give the same result in terms of texture and sweetness. lastly, instead of using just plain chickpea flour, you can mix it with roasted peanuts, cashews, and walnuts. moreover, you can also decorate with ghee roasted raisins on top of each laddu’s.
besan ladoo recipe | besan ke laddu | besan ke ladoo | besan laddu recipe
- ▢½ cup
- ▢2 cup besan / gram flour (coarse)
- ▢1 cup sugar
- ▢4 pods cardamom / elachi
- ▢2 tbsp melon seeds
- ▢2 tbsp cashew / kaju (chopped)
- firstly, in a large kadai heat ½ cup ghee and add 2 cup besan.
- roast on low flame until the besan is well combined with ghee. make sure to use coarse besan for grainy texture.
- continue to roast on low flame. if the mixture turns dry, add a tbsp of more ghee.
- after 20 minutes, the besan starts to release ghee.
- continue to roast until the besan turns golden brown and grainy. it may take approximately 30 minutes.
- transfer the mixture to a large bowl, allowing to cool slightly.
- meanwhile, dry roast 2 tbsp melon seeds and 2 tbsp cashew.
- roast on low flame until the nuts turn crunchy.
- add the roasted nuts to roasted besan ghee mixture.
- take 1 cup sugar and 4 pods cardamom in a blender. you can alternatively use tagar or boora.
- blend to a fine powder without adding any water.
- once the besan is cooled (slightly warm) add in powdered sugar.
- mix well making sure everything is well combined. do not add sugar if the mixture is hot, as it will melt the sugar and makes mixture watery.
- prepare a ball sized ladoo adjusting sugar as required.
- finally, enjoy ladoo for 2 weeks in an airtight container.
Calories: 220kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 5gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 81mgPotassium: 184mgFiber: 2gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 245IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 13mgIron: 1mg7